Who we are
RedCAT, the Lancashire Centre for Alternative Technologies, pump primed by investment from the GETTING BUILDING FUND, is an initiative developed and led by East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce. Conceived in December 2019, in partnership with regional and national bodies (AMRC NW, Environment Agency) and innovation leaders in the low carbon field, RedCAT provides a pathway of financial and R & D support to accelerate the commercialisation of low carbon technologies.
The centre, a not-for-profit venture, will also partner with the Chamber’s existing Chamber Low Carbon pan-Lancashire support program, who provide support free to every Lancashire SME to transition to net zero, and another key ‘shovel-ready project’ now under construction – the Low Carbon Manufacturing Building Demonstrator earmarked for the new Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) at Samlesbury.
- Building end to end commercialisation funding and support for low carbon technologies.
- Utilising our partners – to collaborate to identify the viability of technologies, market, early adopter funders, potential buyers, VC and equity investors and global roll out opportunities.
- Combining capital support from public, private and VC/Equity sources to enable the initial R&D costs of prototype development, demonstration, first sale product and scale up costs to be supported.
- Additionally, funding capital costs of Lancashire’s advanced manufacturers (auto/aero, sectors under pressure) to diversify into low carbon component manufacture.
- Driving the manufacture, adoption and export of low carbon tech across Lancashire to drive economic green recovery and resilience globally.